Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need my own PeopleSoft instance?
- No. We provide each student with access to a virtual PeopleSoft instance. For some classes, such as our
PeopleTools classes, each student receives his or her own PeopleSoft instance. Other classes use a
- Can you provide us with a list of IP addresses for firewall whitelisting?
- After contracting with jsmpros, we will provide you with a list of IP addresses for training servers we
will use at your site.
- Will other student's see my company's data?
- No. Some training organizations expect their customers to provide a training server and connection
details. We are different. We provide our students with a training instance. Since you are not using
your server, no one will see your data.
- Are there prerequisites for any of your courses?
- We define prerequisites differently from other organizations. We believe work experience counts. If you
have never taken a PeopleTools course, but have been developing in PeopleTools for years, we won't force
you to take a PeopleTools I or II course before enrolling in a course such as Fluid 1. While we believe
you will gain important insight into PeopleTools by taking our PeopleTools course first, if you already
know how to drag and drop fields on a page, then you are ready for Fluid.
- Do you offer Functional Courses
- Yes! Our PeopleSoft Query course is extremely popular with functional users and developers alike. Query
isn't just for ad-hoc reporting anymore. Query is now the foundation for all reporting, component search
pages, and global keyword search. We also offer semi-technical training for functional business
analysts. A great example of this is our Fluid 1 course, which covers Fluid navigation.
- Are you just reselling someone else's training material (Oracle's)?
- Absolutely not!! We write all of our own material. Believe me, that is no small task. We have spent time
in the field (boots on the ground) and write our curriculum around real world scenarios.
- Can I share a class with another organization?
- Yes! Absolutely! We offer a flat rate for large classes. You fill the (virtual) room for one low price.
The break-even point for class size is 8 students. If you find 8 friends and colleagues from various
organizations that are willing to share the cost of a course, contact us and we
will get you scheduled.
- Do you have a maximum class size?
- We are flexible on class size. For fixed-price classes, our daily rate covers up to 14 people. We allow
up to 20 people per class, charging a small per-person rate for each additional person over 14. We would
be happy to allow more students per class, but experience and statistics show that group dynamics shift
if the group becomes too large.
- Do you offer consulting services?
- Yes, absolutely! Our staff has very broad and deep PeopleSoft expertise. Contact
us to see how we can serve you and your organization.
- Do people ever fall asleep in your classes?
- Haha! If you are asking that question, we haven't met. No, this has not happened... yet. Jim, our
primary instructor, is very entertaining. Education is his primary objective and we believe emotion
(entertainment) plays a significant role in the learning and memorizing process.
- Can students ask questions?
- Definitely! Jim LOVES rabbit trails! He is more than willing to go "off roading" in a question/answer
session. Blaze your own trail through our material by asking lots of questions that are relevant to you.
No question, he will get through all of his material.