Integration Tools Update
May 24 @ 9:00 am – May 26 @ 5:00 pm CDT
Learn modern integration strategies and tools to help you implement robust integrations through our three-day Integration Tools update course. This course offers a subset of our five-day Integration Tools course, forgoing Integration Broker basics to focus on emerging technology.
As organizations move to the cloud incrementally, we see pieces of ERP functionality migrating outside the once self-contained ERP. For developers, this means increased integration points using modern integration technologies with little choice regarding implementation strategy. Fortunately, PeopleSoft’s Integration Broker technology is fully capable of handling these requests. Through this three-day course, you will:
- Use modern data transfer formats such as JSON and XML through hands-on PeopleCode exercises.
- Create REST solutions, the modern alternative to traditional “web services.”
- Understand the Documents module and its role in REST and other Service Operations.
- Create Documents to support integrations.
- Write PeopleCode to read and Populate Documents created using the Documents module.
- Configure PeopleSoft to provide SOAP and REST-based integrations.
- Write PeopleCode to generate REST responses for JSON and XML.
- Understand REST content negotiation.
- Understand REST “verb” handling techniques.
- Write PeopleCode to generate error and exception responses.
- Configure Integration Broker and write PeopleCode to respond with the correct REST HTTP response codes.
- Consume REST and SOAP external services in both XML and JSON transfer formats.
- Learn to secure web services through WS-Security, tokens, and REST-based security alternatives.
- Publish CI-based REST services.
- Learn about Query and reporting services that you can leverage to create read-only services.
Our PeopleTools expert Jim Marion facilitates this three-day training course. We provide comprehensive activity guides and access to training servers.